Thursday, April 3, 2008

Meeting with Mentor

February 15, 2008
5:30pm - 8:00pm
I met with Ron Hendon around 5:30. Ron is the owner of a tattoo shop here in Athens called Midnight Iguana. When i arrived i had to wait for about fifteen minutes while he finfished doing some work. While i waited i looked at some tattoo flash which was on a table in the middle of the waiting room. Then he came out and we talked about the purpose of the senior project. Ron agreed to help me make a product for my project. The product is going to be a tattoo on fake skin. After talking about the product we talked about some of the techniques used to tattoo. We didnt go into depth about the techniques but we will once i start to work on my product. Ron also explained to me the process of scar correction which is a service they provide at the shop. As we were talking about this a couple of people came in and they talked about getting a tattoo. Ron helped them out and we got back to talking about the procedure of scar removal. Ron introduced me to the other artist that work there and let them know i would start coming to the shop. Ron told me i should start coming by and hanging out with them so that i could learn the process of preparing the drawing to tattoo and so i could see the actual tattoo process. Well I havent been back in a while but i plan on calling him today and seeing if i can stop by for a while.

No comments: